From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 17 2020 - 14:30:59 CDT

Dear VMD-L,
  I've been making 64-bit VMD builds for MacOS X Catalina (10.15.x)
and I've started posting these early test versions for others to try out.

During the COVID lockdown my VMD build/test process is much more complex than
usual, so it took much much longer than I expected to be able to build/test
effectively on Catalina, sorry for the long delay. I don't have any test
hardware other than a Mac Mini available to me during lockdown, so I will
benefit greatly from bug reports and feedback from VMD users that have
laptops and other systems running Catalina, e.g. on retina displays, etc.

I'm still working through adding various optional plugins and some missing
VMD rendering features that were always available on Linux and that
can finally be added for 64-bit MacOS X, so I expect to be posting
updated test builds frequently over the next week or two. Since
these are changing rapidly, I'd like to get testing feedback from
VMD-L mailing list members before making them more broadly available.

I will continue posting updated test builds here as I make progress
adding in the missing items and addressing bug reports etc:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/alpha/

Once I'm satisfied that the new versions are reasonably stable based
on user feedback, I will begin posting them on the standard public
VMD download area and the alpha test page will be updated to indicate this.

Best regards,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/