From: Josh Vermaas (vermaas2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 25 2013 - 16:34:44 CDT

Hi Behnam,
The usual peptide-building tools assume a linear peptide, and so you'll
need to manually add the linkage between the first and last residue. The
important differences are around your segment definition:

segment U {
pdb peptide.pdb
auto none #You don't want the default protein behavior of adding a
N-terminal and C-terminal patch to the first and last residues
}
patch LINK U:lastresidueid U:1 #This does the patching.
coordpdb peptide.pdb U
regenerate angles dihedrals #Angles and dihedral terms across the patch
aren't specified in the topology file, so have psfgen regenerate them
automatically

Consult the psfgen userguide for the exact syntax (I'm operating off
memory, and probably got a detail wrong here or there), and replace the
lastresidueid with the actual id. :)

Good luck!
-Josh