From: Josh Vermaas (vermaas2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2013 - 15:38:04 CDT

If you load both the psf and the pdb, the bond should be visible in VMD
(and probably chimera too, although I've never used it). In terms of
methylating residues, they aren't in the standard topology files as far
as I'm aware. If you'd like to make your own patch, I'd take a look at a
part of the NAMD tutorial
(http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/namd/namd-tutorial-unix-html/node22.html)
to see what these patches look like in the topology file. With great
care it should be doable.
-Josh