From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2007 - 17:27:18 CST

Mario,
  I've changed code in the 24-bit BMP export routines in Tachyon such
that ImageMagick and GIMP are now happy with them, and they still work in
the various Windows movie generation tools I've tested. I've posted new
test versions of VMD 1.8.6 which include the latest Tachyon here:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/alpha/

This version also includes an updated version of Peter's mol2 plugin
that addresses the bug you reported previously.

Let us know how it works for you.