From: Mario Valle (mvalle_at_cscs.ch)
Date: Sat Feb 17 2007 - 11:34:46 CST

On Windows GIMP refuses to load the BMP images created with Tachion
rendering from VMD 1.8.5 .
Also plain ImageMagick "convert" creates only grayscale images from them.
The problem is that Tachion produces images of type PseudoClass

$ identify plot.dat.bmp
plot.dat.bmp BMP 504x478 PseudoClass 256c 706kb

To have usable images you have to convert them this way:
$ convert plot.dat.bmp -type TrueColor plot.dat.png

Well, it is not a big problem, I want just share my workaround. But is
it something simple to fix?
Ciao!
                mario

--