From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2007 - 11:03:04 CST

Ivana,
  I've loaded your CHARMM PBEQ data successfully and viewed it
as an Isosurface with volume coloring. The VMD saved state you
included in the directory on BioCoRE was not set to color the
surface by "Volume", so you wouldn't have seen any colors regardless
what video card/system you used if you were using those settings.
Secondly, after enabling volumetric coloring in VMD, I noticed
that your potential map value range is quite small. I didn't see
much in the way of potential colors until I made the color scale
data range very small, with a min of 0.2 and a max of 0.2. This
range of values seems unusually small to me, but I don't know what
units CHARMM's PBEQ module is exporting, so it might be the expected
range of results for your molecule. In any case, I've attached a new
VMD saved state to this email which sets the various viewing
parameters so you can see the potential coloring. I edited the filename
in the saved state so it was a relative path (rather than /hom/Ivana/...)
so you'll need to "cd" to the directory where your PBEQ map is before
for the correct location of your dataset before running it in VMD.