From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2006 - 21:53:55 CDT

Hi,
  You mentioned you're running VMD from a remote system. Have
you verified that you've got the DISPLAY environment variable
properly set before running VMD? It's possible that Python and
TkInter aren't getting it for some reason even though VMD itself
and the Tcl-based plugins are. I assume that the other windows
display with no problem?

Thanks,