From: Jordi Cohen (jcohen2_at_uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2005 - 14:27:49 CST

Hi,

Because AutoIMD needs to both run, transfer files and connect to the
other server, if your setup is complicated, using AutoIMD might involve
some non-trivial configuration. A number of cases are already accounted
for by AutoIMD and can be configured by copying, editing and sourcing
the autoimd-settings.tcl.

It would be helpful for me to know what kind of server setup you are
using, for example, does it share the same filesystem as the client,
does it use a queuing system, etc..? With more information I could help
you more concretely.

Lastly, if all else fails, you can always use AutoIMD to simply create
the simulation files in ~/autoimd (or autoimd scratch directory),
transfer these files to the remote server, start a namd job manually
(using the autoimd.namd NAMD config file), and connect to it using the
regular IMD plugin.

Let me know what works best,

Jordi