From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2005 - 14:31:33 CST

Hi,
  You'll need to use the "isosurface" or "volumeslice" representations
to view volumetric datasets such as the DSN6 file you've loaded.
The isosurface representation will display a constant value (isovalue)
surface througought the volume occupied by the density map. The isovalue
you choose will show you the 3-D surface corresponding to the density
you specify. The numeric values are in the units from the density map
file you read in. Make sure that you have it set to display the isosurface
itself. The default behavior with older versions of VMD was to display
only the box surrounding the dataset initially.