From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 10:18:51 CDT

Axel, Keith,
  The bug was caused by incorrect trigonometry in the code that
generated the offsets for use by the PBC display routine. It was
attempting to do the right thing, and very close, but it interpreted
the relationships of a/b/c/alpha/beta/gamma incorrectly and so the
generated PBC transformation was not correct in many cases. It was
coincidentally correct on the X axis since that offset is independent
of the cell angles, and it was correct for orthogonal cells.

We had a very similar problem with some of the first versions of
the electron density map reader plugins, it could even be that
this code was derived from one of the buggy edm readers way back when.

In any case, I think I have fixed the problem and I should have a new
test version with this fix available soon once I've tested it thoroughly.

  John