From: Vermaas, Josh (vermaasj_at_msu.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2021 - 15:17:59 CST

Hi Felipe,

.tga files can’t do transparency. .png files can though, and it looks like POV-Ray is being told to write a .png based on your command, so I don’t know what’s up, since you also have the +ua argument folks say is essential: https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/*3C59dbba2b*40news.povray.org*3E/__;JSUl!!DZ3fjg!sXtoTZWxyVOoJFd6yhSYMYD5WGQ5FlFdp19IBsiFoenHmvXykCSgQMAX7NQdqZc1eQ$

For my own rendering purposes, I use OptiX, with the options John laid out here: https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/31053.html

-Josh