From: Pacci Evaristo, Felipe Fabricio (felipepacci_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2021 - 13:43:02 CST

Hi there,

I've been trying to solve this problem for a while now. I'm on macOS
Catalina. I've been trying to render an image background-free on VMD. I've
been trying to use POV-Ray for that. I found tutorials where people have
used the following line in the Render Command box in the GUI interface
(except for the link to the POV-Ray executable):

'/Users/felipepacci/Downloads/PovrayCommandLineMacV2//Povray37UnofficialMacCmd'
+W%w +H%h -I%s -O%s.png +D +X +A +FN +UA -res 1600 900

This render does produce a .pov file; however, when I try to render it into
a .tga file in POV-Ray, the output .tga image still contains a background.
Am I missing something really obvious here?

I'm open to other methods that don't include POV-Ray to generate my
background-free image.

Thank you beforehand for any help provided,

*Felipe Fabricio Pacci Evaristo*
*Mobile:* +1(773)569-2978
*Email:* felipepacci_at_gmail.com
*Skype:* felipepacci