From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 26 2021 - 08:51:45 CST

There may be another library you have to link against in addition to
libtng_io, I know that the plugin changed quite a bit through several
versions, and even I don't have a completely current and up-to-date
recipe for compiling it at present. I would double check that they
haven't split various routines out into another library in the version
you're compiling. Worst case, you can grep for that missing function
"tng_implicit_num_particles_set" and see if it's in the src for one
of their TNG libraries.

Best regards,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/