From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 18 2020 - 00:35:12 CST

Stefan,
  I have forwarded on your notes to Jonathan Lefman at NVIDIA,
and he will try and obtain assistance/suggestions for your student.
He or others may contact you and your student to followup and get
further important details.

Regarding paused VMD and pressing "enter" in the VMD text console:
  If you interact with the text console and don't press return,
it will (on Windows) freeze VMD waiting for input. This
is due to the behavior of Windows line-based console handling
vs. Unix character-based handling (which remains responsive even
with a half-typed command). If you see such behavior, pressing
enter should cure the issue unless you have a garbled command
partially entered.

Going forward I'm looking at integrating a different text console
manager library that would hopefully give Windows versions of VMD
the same overall behavior that Unix versions have always had,
but this remains future work at present.

Best,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/