From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 18 2020 - 00:27:17 CST

Hi,
  The latest Apple Big Sur operating system has broken the behavior
of many applications (like VMD) that use cross-platform graphical
user interface toolkits.

We don't have a solution for this problem presently, but we will be
testing new versions of the GUI toolkit libraries VMD uses to see if
they might address the problem going forward.

At the present time I have no estimate of how long it might take for
this to be solved. When we think there's a solution, we will make
it clear on the VMD web site and on the VMD-L mailing list.

Best regards,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/