From: Josh Vermaas (joshua.vermaas_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 03 2020 - 10:18:55 CDT

Hi Bradley,

Are you trying to build from source, or just install a precompiled
executable? The precompiled executable *is* just a "make install" away, but
that definitely isn't true for compiling from source. I've packaged VMD for
Ubuntu, so it is possible to compile from source, but I do recall it being
a bit of trial and error the first time I did it.

-Josh