From: Nathan Kern (nathan.kern_at_lehigh.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 03 2020 - 10:28:15 CDT

The .dcd files don't contain any structural information, only coordinates.
This can be provided by a .psf file. The minimal collection of files to
load frames into VMD is a .psf and .dcd. If you don't have a .psf file, you
can sometimes use a .pdb file instead, although this will load the
coordinates of the .pdb into the first frame.