From: Daniel Fellner (dfel694_at_aucklanduni.ac.nz)
Date: Sun May 24 2020 - 21:24:40 CDT

Thanks,

I managed to flip it by editing the dihedral in the text file, and verified
by visualising in FFTK-VMD. None of my molecular editors (Chem3D, Avogadro,
SPARTAN, Discovery Studio, Molefacture) could read the file unless I
renamed the dummy atom to a real element. If I replaced it with D, Chem3D
would read it but it didn't interpret the Z-matrix properly leading to some
weird coordinates. Can you suggest an editor that can read it properly?

Also, in the case that no position is free of secondary interactions (e.g.
quaternary carbon in 3-substituted indole) do I simply not probe that atom?
What threshold should I use for determining whether it's acceptable to
probe or not?

*Daniel Fellner BSc(Hons)*
PhD Candidate
School of Chemical Sciences