From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2020 - 10:35:25 CST

Hi,
  We've had both programs working on ARM platforms for a few years, but
I think that you'll need to grab the latest version of NAMD and Charm++
to be successful. I seem to remember we had to use a particular (new)
version of Charm++ in order for ARMv8 to run properly when it was
tested last fall. What ARM hardware are you actually planning to run on?
It's not clear from your email what the hardware target is, nor what
your development toolchain looks like. Its possible that although we've
had success running VMD and NAMD on mainstream Linux releases supporting
ARMv8, that may not have much impact if you're running an unusual software
stack on your platform.

Best,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/