From: Robin Betz (robin_at_robinbetz.com)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2020 - 13:51:57 CST

Hi Sebastian,

I've had similar problems where the render window doesn't update in time
for the snapshot to be captured.
I believe premature optimization on the part of the display driver is to
blame.
The environment variable VMDMSECDELAYHACK sets the number of milliseconds
between render calls. I have found values of 50-100 can fix this problem
for me, although you will want to find the sweet spot between rendering at
a reasonable rate and getting frame skipping.

Hope this helps,
Robin