From: Sebastian Reiter (Sebastian.Reiter_at_campus.lmu.de)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2020 - 12:03:31 CST

Hi,

I am trying to make a movie of a protein with the ViewChangeRender and
Movie Maker plugins and the snapshot render command. Particularly, I
would like to slowly zoom into a specific site of a protein. However,
snapshot sometimes seems to randomly zoom out a little from the current
viewpoint. This causes the movie to stutter because the zooming motion
is not continuous but interrupted by randomly offset frames.

I know that it has something to do with snapshot, because a dry run with
Movie Maker looks just fine. Also, the same thing happens, when I render
a static scene with snapshot.

Has anyone experienced this kind of issue before and knows a solution?
If possible, I would like to stay with snapshot, because I am quite
happy with the look and because more sophisticated rendering engines are
too slow on my machine for a movie with a few hundred frames.

I am using VMD 1.9.3 on a Ubuntu 18.04 64bit machine. The startup
information of VMD says the following about the available graphics:

     Info) Multithreading available, 4 CPUs detected.
     Info)   CPU features: SSE2 AVX AVX2 FMA
     Info) Free system memory: 3816MB (48%)
     Info) No CUDA accelerator devices available.
     Warning) Detected X11 'Composite' extension: if incorrect display
occurs
     Warning) try disabling this X server option.  Most OpenGL drivers
     Warning) disable stereoscopic display when 'Composite' is enabled.
     Info) OpenGL renderer: Mesa DRI Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 (Kaby Lake
GT2)
     Info)   Features: STENCIL MSAA(4) MDE CVA MTX NPOT PP PS GLSL(OVFS)
     Info)   Full GLSL rendering mode is available.
     Info)   Textures: 2-D (16384x16384), 3-D (512x512x512),
Multitexture (8)

Thanks in advance and best regards

Sebastian