From: Monika Madhavi (monikamadhavi_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2017 - 16:35:22 CST

Hi Ashar,

I did all this analysis using VMD visualizer tool. I loaded my reference
molecule in the Reference option and then loaded the two trajectories in
the Molecule option. After selecting one trajectory, I pressed Align button
first and then RMSD and plotted it. The same thing was done for the second
molecule. So in my understanding, the calculation must be done as you
suggested.

Trajectory - A(RMSD): {0-r, 1A-r, 2A-r, 3A-r, ... }
Trajectory - B(RMSD): {0-r, 1B-r, 2B-r, 3B-r, ... }

But my 0-r for two molecules are different even if they start from the same
initial configuration.

One point occurred to me is that, I put the atomselection as Backbone in
the calculation. Is it possible for VMD to calculate the alignment for the
entire molecule while RMSD is only calculated for the backbone.

As I don't have my data with me at the moment, I can't tell you the exact
values of two RMSD's. But they were like 0.3 for one and 0.45 for the other.

Thank you.
Best,
Monika

--