From: Francesco Pietra (chiendarret_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2017 - 11:31:25 CDT

Hi John:

As to the second, harmless error, debian9 amd64, that I am using, is now
"stable" but until very recently it was "testing". So, aging is very fast
with these affairs.

As to the first, offending error, the complete output from the GALILEO
cluster at CINECA in Italy is:

francesco_at_vaio64:~/servers/cineca/RCM_remote_visualization$
> ./RCM_linux_64bit
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "<string>", line 10, in <module>
> File
> "/home/vagrant/devel/RCM/multivnc/PyInstaller/PyInstaller-2.1/PyInstaller/loader/pyi_importers.py",
> line 270, in load_module
> File "/tmp/build/rcm_client_tk/out00-PYZ.pyz/Tkinter", line 39, in
> <module>
> File
> "/home/vagrant/devel/RCM/multivnc/PyInstaller/PyInstaller-2.1/PyInstaller/loader/pyi_importers.py",
> line 409, in load_module
> ImportError: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6: undefined symbol:
> xcb_poll_for_reply64
> francesco_at_vaio64:~/servers/cineca/RCM_remote_visualization$

I am now in Austria with a VAIO laptop which I had never tried before for
remote visualization. In Italy, my linux boxes with either Debian 9 or an
older version of the OS, Debian8 amd64, had no problem with the same remote
visualization and the same RCM script.

I could provide as an attachment, if of interest, the RCM script that I use
when trying to connect to the server.

Thanks a lot

francesco