From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2017 - 11:47:52 CDT

Hi Ramon,

The simplest way I've found to do this is actually completely independent of VMD. On Linux systems (and maybe windows or Mac systems, I just haven't had the need to figure this out), you can remotely mount filesystems that reside on remote filesystems with sshfs, an ssh filesystem. In this way, remote files act exactly like local ones, albeit with slightly slower file transfer rates (this depends on your network). This can be handy if the files as a whole are too large to transfer over to local disk, but you'd still like to look at bits of the trajectory easily.

-Josh