From: Janakiraman Balachandran (janarcs_at_umich.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2017 - 08:57:41 CDT

Hello,

I'm trying to open VMD 1.9.2 in El Capitan, the window briefly appears and
it throws a segmentation fault as shown below and it disappears

Applications/VMD 1.9.2.app/Contents/MacOS/startup.command: line 7: 18872
Segmentation fault: 11 "$p/../Resources/VMD.app/Contents/MacOS/VMD" $*

There was a similar issue in the previous OS X version (Yosemite) which got
fixed when I added the following to the .bashrc

VMDFILECHOOSER=FLTK
export VMDFILECHOOSER1

However this does not appear to work for the current OS-X version. Please
let me know if there is a fix to solve this problem.

Best Regards
Ram Balachandran
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/rambalachandran>
<https://twitter.com/RamBalachandran>