From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 14 2016 - 15:36:04 CST

Hi,
  Please CC VMD-L on replies so that others can read and learn from
resolutions from questions like yours.

There are a number of existing plotting scripts and plugins that will
do the kinds of display that you seem to be looking for. Here are several
worth evaluating that are already built-into VMD:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/multiplot/
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/heatmapper/
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/timeline/

I know of a few custom plotting scripts people have written that
have the same sort of interactive selection and linkage to the
trajectory like ramaplot does, but I don't think they are posted
on the web at this moment. Have a look at the items above
and see if those look like something you could work with or modify
to do what you want.