From: Josh Vermaas (vermaas2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2013 - 12:35:01 CDT

Just add NAMD to the top line of a psf file:

PSF NAMD

It makes VMD read in the psf file the same way NAMD does, reading in the
columns in a space-delimited way. Compiling 1.9.2 may not be needed
either. I believe (although am by no means certain), that the NAMD flag
is also respected in 1.9.1.
-Josh