From: Thomas Albers (talbers_at_binghamton.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2013 - 10:47:11 CDT

Hello!

> This has been discussed a few times in this list (I asked the same question about a year ago). Basically, the problem is that the long atom types break the rules of the original PDB standard, which is based on strict field lengths.

Thanks, I found that message now. Over there in that thread John says
that the issue has been addressed in the development version. What's
with this NAMD flag that tells VMD that it is dealing with a
non-standard psf file? What's its syntax so I can edit it into the
psf file once I have compiled VMD 1.9.2 alpha?

Regards,
Thomas