From: Chola Regmi (cholaregmi_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2013 - 10:45:59 CST

Hi
I need to find the angle between two domains of my selection from
trajectory. I used the script posted by Justin Gullingsrud.*
 **http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/att-2279/fit_angle.tcl

When I used sel_sel_angle it works fine but when I tried to use
sel_sel_angle_frames I got error message as
atomselect: cannot parse selection text: atomselect0
I am using VMD 1.9.1 and the way I used the script is;
First I loaded my psf and dcd files in vmd

In vmd TkConsole I wrote

source fit_angle.tcl
set seltext1 [atomselect top "myfirstselection"]
**set seltext2 [atomselect top "mysecondselection"]*
sel_sel_angle_frames 0 $seltext1 $seltext2 // here 0 is my mol-id of top
molecule

then I got error:* atomselect: cannot parse selection text: atomselect0

If I do sel_sel_angle $seltext1 $seltext2 I got numerical values means it
works for single frame.
Can any one help me?
Thank you

Chola Regmi