From: Paweł Kędzierski (pawel.kedzierski_at_pwr.wroc.pl)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2013 - 03:29:58 CST

W dniu 07.01.2013 22:27, lloyd riggs pisze:
> Dear Anyone,

> ffmpeg is discontinued with new linux
Well, actually ffmpeg is still in active development - see ffmpeg.org,
the latest major release is from just two days ago...
The "discontinuation" is related to support by a specific linux
distro(s) only. To me it seems like a personal dislike issue as I
personally find ffmpeg more actively developed, easier to use and more
efficient than mencoder (although I did started with the latter as my
first tool for video work).
The good thing with linux is that you have choices, e.g. you may compile
and install ffmpeg yourself. There are also ready to use, binary static
builds available.
HTH,
Pawel