From: Sandeep Gupta (gupta.sandeep_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2012 - 11:45:46 CDT

Hi John,

  Thanks for looking into this. The file is vmd-1.9.1/src/vmd.C. The exact
error is noted below. Do you
recommend using gcc-4.2 compiler?.

echo "Compiling " vmd.C " --> " vmd.o " ..."; \
    gcc -m32 -fno-for-scope -Wno-deprecated -Wall -O3 -DARCH_LINUX
-DVMDQUICKSURF -DVMDWITHCARBS -DVMDPOLYHEDRA -DVMDSURF -DVMDMSMS
-DVMDPBCSMOOTH -DVMDSTATICPLUGINS -I../plugins/include
-I../plugins/LINUX/molfile -I. -c vmd.C -o ../LINUX/vmd.o
Compiling vmd.C --> vmd.o ...
vmd.C: In function ‘int VMDinitialize(int*, char***)’:
vmd.C:285:52: error: ‘vmd_initialize_tcl’ was not declared in this scope
vmd.C: In function ‘void VMDshutdown()’:
vmd.C:445:20: error: ‘vmd_finalize_tcl’ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [vmd.o] Error 1

Regards,
Sandeep