From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2012 - 12:09:56 CDT

Hi,
  If you assign the RMSF values to each of the atoms in the residues in
the "user" or "beta" fields, for example, you can simply color the structure
by the "user" or "beta" fields very easily. You don't even need to write the
RMSF values to files to be able to do that, you can simply assign them
to the per-atom data field as they are being computed.