From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2012 - 11:44:32 CDT

James,
  Due to a limitation with the Windows version of the Spacenavigator library
we use, I was unable to link it into the VMD builds that support CUDA which
requires a much newer version of the Microsoft compilers. The Spacenavigator
is fully supported in the non-CUDA build (built with the old compiler) however.
I'm working on addressing this for the next VMD release, but for the time being
you'll need to pick one or the other. As soon as I have a Windows CUDA build
that also has the Spacenavigator support linked in, I will post a note so you
can try it out.