From: steve_at_beefeater.darkorb.net
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 12:15:07 CDT

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 03:25:49PM -0500, John Stone wrote:

> Is there any particular reason you're building VMD from source?
> The regular binary distributions should work fine on any of the
> recent IRIX 6.5.x operating system versions.

Software packages at our site are compiled due to the nature of our
software distribution system. I'm sure the binaries work fine :)

> Also, before you attempt
> to compile VMD, you'll need to have built the plugins. I've been moving
> compilation instructions and these sorts of things onto the web site
> since this information changes frequently, and particularly now that plugins
> are involved the process is more complex than can be reasonably documented
> in the README files:
> http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/doxygen/compiling.html#compiling

I'll look at this angle; thanks. I'll let you know how it turns out
with GNU make.

Steve Killen <steve_at_beefeater.darkorb.net>
PGP Key ID 37D4B1CA
PGP Fingerprint 6C48 2B78 C992 286E FCE5 C693 E0A0 481F 37D4 B1CA
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits."