From: Miguel (mth_at_mth.com)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 13:10:08 CDT

> Ok, that answers my question, it looks like there's something wrong
> with the libGLU.so.1 library on your Linux machine, based on the startup
> failure message. I'm not sure why you'd get that relocation error at
> runtime. Do you have any other OpenGL or Mesa programs on that machine?

I don't have any OpenGL apps that I run. I ran something in the past that
used Mesa ... but I don't remember what it was ... and it may well have
been before my most OS upgrade.

I am currently running RedHat 9.0 ... and have used RedHat's up2date
mechanism to get the most recent rpms. So, the system *should* be the most
current.

It was installed over the top of RedHat 8.0, which was itself installed
over RedHat 7.3.

I am going to be doing a clean install of RedHat 9 within the next couple
of days. I will try vmd again and let you know.

Miguel