From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 10 2012 - 14:43:54 CST

Hi,
  Do you have quad-buffered stereo stereo fully enabled in the Windows drivers?
This can sometimes cause the sort of problem you're describing. You need
to make sure you've picked a display resolution that supports 120Hz refresh
rate and enable stereo for your normal windows desktop display. Some of
the NVIDIA stuff will work regardless, because it will switch the display
mode on-the-fly. For programs like VMD to work, your display mode has
to be set correctly to enable stereo. Check the info here:
  http://cismm.cs.unc.edu/core-projects/visualization-and-analysis/setting-up-a-simple-stereo-system/

Cheers,
  John