From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 30 2011 - 12:22:29 CDT

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 1:10 PM, ban arn <ban.arn_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Alex
>
> I would like to decrease the running speed of the trajectory in the movie.

a-ha!

now, if you create a gif animation, there is a parameter for that.
if you create an mpeg, the situation is more problematic.
mpeg files have standardized frame rates (24, 25 or 30 frames
per second, based on frame rates of Movie, PAL-TV, NTSC-TV),
so the only standard way to decrease the speed is to do the
same thing as people do with slow-motion in movies: overcrank
the frame rate when shooting the movie, i.e. create more frames
from your trajectory, e.g. by duplicating frames or interpolating
coordinates in between frames.

for some movie players, you can also encode the movie in a
non-standard format that uses extensions which allow setting
the frame rate. the resulting movies are not as portable and
the extensions to the format might be ignored.

finally, there are some movie players, where you can specify
the frame rate at playback time.

hope that helps,
     axel.

--