From: Nima Nouri (nouri.f.nima_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 30 2011 - 11:56:58 CDT

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 7:10 PM, Ajasja Ljubetič
<ajasja.ljubetic_at_gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,

Hi

> It's best if you go through the VMD tutorial first (at least the scripting
> part). And then through a pasic TCL tutorial.
>
> You can write your commands in a file and run them with
>
> source path/to/my/file
>
> You can enable logging of commands through File->Log TCL Commands. In this
> way anything you do in the GUI will be logged as well and is a good basis
> for scripts.

Another way is to use the vmd.rc file in the installation directory. this
file uses vmd tcl scripts for initializing the vmd.
the only thing you need is to add your tcl script to the end of this file.
the next time you run the vmd you will see your changes.

--
Best Regards
N.Nouri