From: Edward Lyman (edward.lyman_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 18 2010 - 14:15:10 CDT

Thanks very much, that is useful information: area/point = (surface area of
the atom)/(number of randomly sampled points).

the surface are of the 'atom' is actually the area of the sphere with a
radius = (atom radius + probe radius), right?

It looks from the code that 500 random points are used...is that correct?

So...*IF* I could assume that every atom considered in the SASA calculation
has the same radius, I would know the area/point, and I could easily
calculate the area for each separate patch.

one last question: are the H's and the C's considered seperately for the
purpose of the SASA calc? or do you just puff out the radius of the carbons
a little bit and save some calculation time?

Thanks very much for the help.
Ed