From: Ma.Busch (ma.busch_at_fz-juelich.de)
Date: Tue Oct 20 2009 - 04:09:40 CDT

Hi,
I'm new on this list. Perhaps somebody can help me.

I have following problem running the precompiled version of vmd 1.8.7 on
our JuRoPA system
(Jülich Resaerch on Petaflop Archtectures)
see: http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/juropa

I tried with the LINUX_64 OpenGL precompiled version and I got the
following error

Warning) Detected X11 'Composite' extension: if incorrect display occurs
Warning) try disabling this optional X server feature.
ERROR) A TrueColor visual is required, but not available.
ERROR) The X server is not capable of displaying double-buffered,
ERROR) RGB images with a Z buffer. Exiting ...
Info) VMD for LINUXAMD64, version 1.8.7 (October 7, 2009)
Info) Unable to create OpenGL window.

After that I make an own compilation of vmd and I've got the same error.

Can someone help me?

Thanks
Best regards
Marlene Busch

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt