From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2008 - 11:34:53 CST

Hi,
  I forgot to mention, that if you have atom coordinates stored in the wrong
units (e.g. not Angstroms), you could end up with a wildly out-of-scale
molecule. This may actually be contributing to your trouble. Check this
by measuring the distance between two of the atoms in VMD and see if it
makes sense or not. (VMD uses Angstroms internally)