From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2007 - 17:32:46 CDT

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007, karan uppal wrote:

karan,

the problem you are seeing is essentially a tcl issue and
not a VMD specific problem, so the tcl documentation should
be the first to consult. to be able to autoload a package you
need a pkgIndex.tcl file (generated either from the tclsh with
pkg_mkIndex . or with a text editor). for generic tcl scripts
to be autoloaded you need as similar tclIndex file (generated
from auto_mkindex . ).

and then you have to extend the search path to include your
package directory as shown at:
http://www.theochem.rub.de/~axel.kohlmeyer/cpmd-vmd/part1.html#chap3_sect3

cheers,
  axel.