From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2007 - 12:42:49 CDT

Hi,
  If you have the DSSP secondary structure in the PDB file, you can
use this script to parse it and apply it, replacing whatever STRIDE
has already calculated:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/script_library/scripts/vmd_use_pdb_ss/

I don't currently have a script for reading the output of DSSP directly.
You could write one however, in a manner similar to the way the script
above works.