From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri May 11 2007 - 11:06:17 CDT

Hi,
  If I understand your question correctly, you wish to display the text labels
for all atoms?

If so, you can use a simple script like this one, to add labels
for any selection you like:

proc label_atoms { molid seltext } {
  set sel [atomselect $molid $seltext]
  set atomlist [$sel list]
  foreach {atom} $atomlist {
    set atomlabel [format "%d/%d" $molid $atom]
    label add Atoms $atomlabel
  }
  $sel delete
}

You'd call this with something like:
  set molid [molinfo top]
  label_atoms $molid "name CA"

If you want to draw your own text labels for each of the atoms
(rather than using the built-in labeling feature) you can also
devise a script that does this, for example:

proc show_partial_charge { selection } {
  set sel [atomselect top $selection]
  foreach q [$sel get charge] pos [$sel get {x y z}] {
    set qstr [format %4.3f $q]
    graphics 0 text $pos $qstr
  }
}

You'd call this with something like:
  show_partial_charge "residue 0"

You can of course modify this to do anything you like.