From: Vlad Cojocaru (Vlad.Cojocaru_at_eml-r.villa-bosch.de)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2007 - 04:09:12 CST

Dear vmd users,

I am trying to create a GIF animation (using the movie maker plugin)
using POV redering (povray). However, before the final step (when it
comes to convert the .pov files to .ppm images) I get the error below. I
tried modifying the ~/.povray/3.6/povray.conf file by introducing a line
"read+write = /dir ". However, this didnt help. Does anyone have any
idea how to fix this?

Thanks
vlad

Scene File Parser Initialization Error: Reading from
'/dir/movie/POV.0310.pov' is
 not permitted. Check the configuration in
'/home/cojocavd/.povray/3.6/povray.c
onf'.

Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
EML Research gGmbH
Schloss-Wolfsbrunnenweg 33
69118 Heidelberg
Tel: ++49-6221-533266
Fax: ++49-6221-533298
e-mail:Vlad.Cojocaru[at]eml-r.villa-bosch.de
http://projects.villa-bosch.de/mcm/people/cojocaru/
EML Research gGmbH
Amtgericht Mannheim / HRB 337446
Managing Partner: Dr. h.c. Klaus Tschira
Scientific and Managing Director: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andreas Reuter
http://www.eml-r.org