From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2007 - 17:27:36 CST

Ivana,
  If you see the box, but don't see an isosurface, make sure you've
set the Isosurface mode to "surface", as I've found that some video cards
do a bad job of point rendering, and the non-shaded points surfaces is
the default. Double check that. Loading and displaying the CHARMM PBEQ
is the same process as for an APBS DX file, so you should practice loading
the APBS DX file example from scratch (no saved state) and make sure you
fully understand that process first. Once you've got APBS DX file loading
practiced, then loading the CHARMM PBEQ is the same except that unlike
DX, you need to have the update plugin set correctly installed, as the
original VMD 1.8.5 release didn't include a CHARMM PBEQ plugin, as it
was written much more recently. Let me know if you still need help
getting it displayed. I would also be happy to check your PBEQ file to make
sure that you haven't run across some new variation of PBEQ file that
the existing plugin doesn't understand.