From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 03 2007 - 00:54:16 CST

Vlad,
  I vaguely recall having to do something similar when I was using
POV-Ray to make movies, though in my case I think I managed to convince
POV-Ray not to enforce any filesystem security. On the Windows version
of POV-Ray, this was accomplished using the options described on the
VMDMovie plugin documentation page:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/vmdmovie/

I've never had to deal with it on Linux, but I assume that
the procedure is similar.