From: Mihaly Mezei (Mihaly.Mezei_at_mssm.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2006 - 17:06:06 CST

I am trying to color surfaces by electrostatic potential. I saw in the archives a few items on this, but they all seem to refer to Linux or hardware problems - I am running under Windows VMD 1.8.4. An MSMS surface comes up, nicely colored with atom types, so the hardware is able to do it. When I take the tutorial example I get a leopard-like surface, black and white. I tried to change the scale in the Graphics/Trajectory menu but nothing changed. Same results if I try my own protein.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mihaly Mezei

Department of Molecular Physiology & Biophysics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, NYU
Voice: (212) 659-5475 Fax: (212) 849-2456
WWW (MSSM home): http://directory.mssm.edu/faculty/mihaly.mezei
WWW (Lab home - software, publications): http://inka.mssm.edu/~mezei