From: Simone Lorenzi (simone.lorenzi_at_unipr.it)
Date: Mon Oct 17 2005 - 13:28:43 CDT

Hi all,
I have RHEL WS 4.0 box with VMD 1.83 installed. The problem is the same that
I've seen in the Mailing List: when I type gopython in the vmd console I have
this error:

Info) VMD for LINUX, version 1.8.3 (February 15, 2005)
Info) http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/
Info) Email questions and bug reports to vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Info) Please include this reference in published work using VMD:
Info) Humphrey, W., Dalke, A. and Schulten, K., `VMD - Visual
Info) Molecular Dynamics', J. Molec. Graphics 1996, 14.1, 33-38.
Info) -------------------------------------------------------------
Info) Multithreading available, 2 CPUs detected.
Info) OpenGL renderer: GeForce FX 5700 Ultra/AGP/SSE2
Info) Features: STENCIL MSAA(4) RN MDE CVA PP PS GLSL(OVF)
Info) Full GLSL rendering mode is available.
vmd > gopython /home/simone/Desktop/ied-2.02/ied.py
Info) Starting Python...
Info) Text interpreter now Python
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "VMD", line 21, in ?
  File "/usr/local/lib/vmd/scripts/python/Tkinter.py", line 59, in ?
    import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for Tk
ImportError: libtcl8.3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
Info) Text interpreter now Tcl
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 2, in ?
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'tkinter'

The next step I followed is to download at
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/pythonlib/ the libraries and
follow the instructions. But the problem still remain.

My python version is the 2.3.3.

  dr. Simone Lorenzi
  Pharmaceutical Department
  Università degli Studi di Parma