From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 13:36:52 CDT

Hi,
  Are you having your simulation package wrap the atom coordinates
during the course of simulation, or are they left unwrapped in the
trajectory(ies) you're loading into VMD? If you're using non-wrapped
coordinates, you should see the residues and the nearby waters move
together. If you have coordinate wrapping enabled, then you may see
the waters wrap before residues do. Another way to solve this problem
is simply to enable the periodic cell display feature in VMD so you're
seeing multiple PBC cells next to each other, that should eliminate the
issue of the waters wrapping before the residues do, or vice-versa.